City College Plymouth
“The college provides a very inclusive environment where Learners with learning difficulties and/or disabilities integrate well” Ofsted 2012
Students “feel safe at the College” Ofsted 2016
An overview of City College Plymouth:
- We are a large further education college offering a range of technical, professional and vocational qualifications, Apprenticeships, Access to Higher Education and Foundation Degree courses.
- The College’s Apprenticeship success rates are 15% above the national average and the higher education National Student Survey 2015 placed the College 10th in the country for student satisfaction, with 97% of higher education students more than satisfied with City College.
- City College Plymouth was graded as “Good” by Ofsted in 2016.
- We offer courses including traditional vocational qualifications such as National Diplomas, NVQs, Access to Higher Education and Foundation Degree courses, plus professional and bespoke training to our employer network.
- Our portfolio includes basic literacy and numeracy, English for speakers of other languages (ESOL) and specific provision for students with learning difficulties and disabilities.
- Our focus is on developing students who have the depth of knowledge and skills in their chosen subject area as well as a broad range of employability and enterprise skills, so that our students leave us ‘work ready’.
- Our Learning Support team is here to help students access the College, by providing additional support for specific needs when the student is at the College. This includes individual support such as a signer or note taker, group support sessions that are course-based, or help with accessing specialist equipment and funding.
- The College is based on two main sites, Kings Road in Devonport and the Goschen Centre in Keyham, with an additional base at Piquet Barracks.
Related Link For access information for Plymouth please CLICK HERE.