At Bolton College, we provide high quality vocational training to enhance your qualifications, skills and employability.
With over 800 full and part-time courses to choose from, delivered at seven main centres around Bolton, we’re confident that we have something to suit everyone.
Make Bolton College your first choice for learning and rest assured you will be in the best of hands. Our practical training and dedicated support team will help you to learn, progress and achieve your full potential.
We continually strive to improve and strengthen what we do best, so that we can help more learners to achieve their ambitions in the future.
Bolton College recognises and values the cultural, social and ethnic diversity reflected in our students and staff. As a result, we treat all with respect and dignity, and seek to create a positive learning and working environment. Bolton College is an inclusive college that welcomes learners with physical disabilities. We endeavour to provide a positive college experience fostering independence for the learners.
The College Campus on Deane Road was built to comply with the Disability Discrimination Act legislation and relevant good practice guides.
Our disabled provision includes:
• Accessible ramps and tactile surfaces. There are a number of accessible bays in the car park and a large turning area to help students being dropped off and collected close to the main building.
• Two passenger lifts service all floors via an access control system. Automatic powered doors greet students, staff and visitors at the main entrance areas and corridors are spacious and well lit.
• Wayfinding signage is provided to enable easy travel around the buildings as well as tactile and Braille signs.
• Bolton College operates a well-developed ‘buddy’ system for emergency evacuations.
• Induction loops have been fitted at each reception area, within food outlets and within each of the Learning Resource Centres. They are also fitted within a number of specialist and general teaching rooms on each floor and portable induction loops are also available on request.
• Each floor has a number of accessible toilets to cater for a variety of requirements including a specialist care suite with powered bed, hoist and showering facilities.
• 10 dedicated, bookable disabled parking bays available for customers who are Blue Badge holders. If you require a disabled parking space, please contact Peta Bembridge on 01204 482052. Parking spaces are subject to availability and booking in advance is always recommended.