Our new website and App are on their way!
We are delighted to announce that we are making great progress with the development of our new website and App.
We have been busy testing the website with members of our user community and getting advice and guidance from the team at the Shaw Trust Accessibility Service. A big area of development for us is ensuring the website and App work really well for people using screen readers and other assistive technology.
We’ve also been looking at the Accessibility Symbols we use and have decided to increase the number from 19 to 32. This will enable anyone using the website or App to filter their results by the access requirements that are important to them. This includes symbols that may be helpful for people with autism, visual impairments and learning disabilities. The symbols can also be used to filter by facilities like Changing Places, accessible toilets, hoists and accessible fitting rooms.
Another big area of development has been the search. We’ve all been working hard to make this faster and easier to use. As well as searching for venues you will also be able to check out our ‘Things To Do’ pages, which we’ve produced for all the cities and areas we work in.
We will be releasing the website for Beta testing next week (week commencing 24th September). This will mean that you can explore the new website and let us know what you think before we launch the final version in October. During this time the DisabledGo website will still be available and will work just the same.
Once AccessAble is set live for testing we will let everyone know on the DisabledGo website and our social media channels. You can either follow the links we will include or go to www.AccessAble.co.uk.
We really hope you will take a look at the new website and let us know what you think! You can send any comments or feedback to hello@AccessAble.co.uk, message us on our social media channels or give us a call on 01438 842710.
- New job stats raise questions over ministers’ boasts on disability employment - 25/09/2018
- Ministers quietly drop plans for ‘parallel process’ on working-age social care - 24/09/2018
- DWP’s secret benefit deaths reviews: Investigations into deaths doubles in two years - 23/09/2018
- Our new website and App are on their way! - 21/09/2018
- DWP figures provide fresh evidence to explain PIP claim rejections - 13/08/2018
- Exciting Changes to Your Accessibility Guide - 10/08/2018
- Come along to celebrate the launch of Wythenshawe Hospital and Withington Community Hospital’s new Accessibility Checker! - 25/07/2018
- The Disability Conference 2018 - 20/06/2018
Our new website and App are on their way! - 21 Sep 2018
Like us on Facebook