Government promises £300 million for fully inclusive transport network
The government has pledged £300 million to make the UK’s transport network fully accessible by 2030. The Department for Transport’s recently published Inclusive Transport Strategy outlines new funding for accessible infrastructure in railways as well as to improve Changing Places toilets at motorway service stations, and announces plans to produce league tables highlighting the operators that provide the best service for disabled people.
DisabledGo welcome this new development. It’s our mission to maximise independence and choice for disabled people in accessing their local area and the places we all want to visit and accessing public transport with confidence is a vital part of making that happen.
We publish accessibility guides to over 500 train stations in the UK and Ireland, which tell you all about the accessibility of platforms, toilets, parking, restaurants, shops and cafes within the stations and lots more.
Click here to view train stations http://bit.ly/2BdIZhM
News provided by dispATches: the latest assistive technology news
Written by: Clive Gilbert, Freelance Research Consultant and Writer
These stories were originally published in the dispATches newsletter – a free monthly e-mail about assistive technologies that empower disabled and older people to live more independently.
DispATches is compiled by freelance research consultant and writer Clive Gilbert and circulated by Designability. Clive tweets at @CliveGilbert. Click here to sign up for more dispATches.
- Autistic MP calls for change in equality laws to make parliament less hostile - 20/09/2018
- Hundreds of thousands more PIP claimants would challenge awards… if they could - 19/09/2018
- Government’s response to ‘human catastrophe’ UN report is ‘deeply unsatisfying’ - 18/09/2018
- Hope for major social security ‘brutality’ campaign after ‘breakthrough’ Labour meeting - 17/09/2018
- Exhibition of photographs aims to show ‘story arc of Deaf community’ - 16/09/2018
- Tributes to ‘generous-natured, passionate and courageous’ activist - 15/09/2018
- Bill on mental capacity and liberty deprivation ‘will take disability rights backwards’ - 14/09/2018
- Campaigners raise thousands in days for #TransportJustice legal fund - 14/09/2018
- Government ‘discriminated against DPOs’ in awarding £29m development programme - 12/09/2018
- Anger over government’s ‘pathetic’ election access report - 10/09/2018
Government promises £300 million for fully inclusive transport network - 15 Aug 2018
Like us on Facebook