Work Experience with DisabledGo
Would you like to gain some work experience and build your confidence?
If you like talking to new people and enjoy collecting information DisabledGo’s work experience opportunities available in Tunbridge Wells could suit you.
DisabledGo work in partnership with Tunbridge Wells Council to provide an Accessibility Checker to all sorts of places which you can view here on www.disabledgo.com
DisabledGo are looking for up to 10 people to help our team of surveyors collect access information. If you feel you could help take accurate measurements, collect and record information then we would like to hear from you.
Surveyors play a vital role in helping make DisabledGo’s website www.disabledgo.com as good as it can be.
What you would do
- Attend a day’s work experience. Commencing at 11.00am.
- In the morning there will be an information session in a classroom setting to tell you more about DisabledGo and our work.
- In the afternoon, after lunch has been provided, you will go out with a DisabledGo surveyor to visit some venues and collect information about their access.
- You will be involved in talking to members of staff at venues about what DisabledGo does, taking measurements and using DisabledGo’s tablets to note down the information.
- At the end of the day you will look over the information that has been collected before it is then published on disabledgo.com.
If you are interested
DisabledGo has provided work experience to a wide range of people, with a variety of impairments. Many people have brought along a personal assistant or support worker to help them get the most from the experience.
To come along to a work experience day you will need to be
- Free for the whole day
- Happy to travel to the training venue and to a range of venues across the Council area when out surveying
- Interested in accessibility and collecting information
- Polite and happy to meet new people
Training will take place on Thursday 19th July from 11am – 3pm (Venue to be confirmed).
- 11:00 am-12:30 pm – Surveyor Training
- 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm – Lunch
- 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm – Surveying of Local shops
If you have a personal assistant or support worker you will need to bring them along to the training.
Our trainer will talk through slides and written documents on the day, if these would need adjusting for you we would need to know in advance so we can make sure they are accessible for you.
Attendees of the training will receive a £10 voucher and certificate for coming along.
We can provide you with a reference once you have attended the day.
Please contact Emily to book your place(s) today!
Emily Edgar at DisabledGo
- Train companies could face court over inaccessible rail replacement buses - 22/09/2018
- Disability Labour set for fresh start after angry scenes at agm - 21/09/2018
- Autistic MP calls for change in equality laws to make parliament less hostile - 20/09/2018
- Hundreds of thousands more PIP claimants would challenge awards… if they could - 19/09/2018
- Government’s response to ‘human catastrophe’ UN report is ‘deeply unsatisfying’ - 18/09/2018
- Hope for major social security ‘brutality’ campaign after ‘breakthrough’ Labour meeting - 17/09/2018
- Exhibition of photographs aims to show ‘story arc of Deaf community’ - 16/09/2018
- Tributes to ‘generous-natured, passionate and courageous’ activist - 15/09/2018
- Bill on mental capacity and liberty deprivation ‘will take disability rights backwards’ - 14/09/2018
- Campaigners raise thousands in days for #TransportJustice legal fund - 14/09/2018
Work Experience with DisabledGo - 27 Jun 2018
Like us on Facebook