The Disability Conference 2018
The Disability Conference 2018 which meets this September 19th in London, will explore the main barriers to UK businesses focusing on disabled customers, how they can boost their profits by making their business more attractive to disabled customers, and the detrimental impact accessibility shortcomings have on the disabled community trying to use them.
The conference programme will give delegates the chance to hear from an expert line up of speakers from leading law firms, accessibility consultants and disability campaigners.
- Organisations from the private and public sector will share first hand experiences detailing the improvements they made to enhance disabled customers experiences.
- Our legal panel will examine the costly impact on businesses when they fail to meet the reasonable expectations laid out in the Equality Act 2010.
- Case study illustrations will highlight how even the most well known companies have faced costly legal action and how to avoid the pitfalls.
DisabledGo’s Marketing Manager Carrie-Ann Lightley is delighted to be speaking at The Disability Conference 2018. She’ll be talking about the importance of accessibility information and what leading organisations are doing differently.
“We are honoured to be hosting such an important and much-needed conference. Equality for disabled people should be at the heart of our society so it’s wonderful to see so many committed and expert people coming together to impart their knowledge and experiences. We would urge any business or organisation who may be concerned they are not currently meeting the needs of the Equality Act 2010 to attend this exceptional one-day event.” commented James Houston, Managing Director for the event producers.
Helen Dolphin, MBE, Disability Campaigner said: “There are far too many businesses which have failed to do enough to meet their obligations under the Equality Act. In many cases it’s because people have no idea what they need to do, leaving themselves open to an Equality Act claim but also missing out on a large number of customers. The Disability Conference will help all businesses big and small to become Equality Act compliant and gain inspiration from those who have gone above and beyond in meeting the needs of disabled people”.
The main objective of The Disability Conference 2018 is to strengthen businesses understanding of their obligations and how they can achieve social and financial ROI.
About James Pembroke Events:
Established in 2001, James Pembroke Media is the UK’s leading charity and membership media agency. We create magazines, digital solutions and events that engage and inspire readers. The company is headquartered in London with offices in Bath and is incorporated as a limited company in the United Kingdom.
- Ministers quietly drop plans for ‘parallel process’ on working-age social care - 24/09/2018
- DWP’s secret benefit deaths reviews: Investigations into deaths doubles in two years - 23/09/2018
- Our new website and App are on their way! - 21/09/2018
- DWP figures provide fresh evidence to explain PIP claim rejections - 13/08/2018
- Exciting Changes to Your Accessibility Guide - 10/08/2018
- Come along to celebrate the launch of Wythenshawe Hospital and Withington Community Hospital’s new Accessibility Checker! - 25/07/2018
- The Disability Conference 2018 - 20/06/2018
The Disability Conference 2018 - 20 Jun 2018
Like us on Facebook