Exciting times ahead for DisabledGo
2018 is set to be a year of innovation and expansion for DisabledGo as we explore how we can bring our Access Guides to more and more disabled people.
As we look to improve our website, and grow the number of Access Guides we publish, we know that getting the message out about what we do and why is crucial.
We are very fortunate to have a team of talented, hard working people who are passionate about our social mission. However, we have always wanted to expand our marketing team, to bring in fresh ideas and the capacity to spread the DisabledGo message further.
We are therefore delighted to announce that Carrie – Ann Lightley will be joining the DisabledGo team from 11th June as our new Marketing Manager. Carrie – Ann brings with her a wealth of experience and a passion for promoting equality of opportunity. Carrie – Ann has spent the last 13 years with Tourism for All, an established, influential charity working to improve and promote accessible tourism. During her time with Tourism for All Carrie – Ann has worked with partner organisations, charities and disabled people a mix which very much aligns to our work at DisabledGo.
Speaking about Carrie – Ann’s appointment, Anna Nelson DisabledGo’s Executive Director said, ‘We want 2018 to be a transformative year for DisabledGo, our social mission is to bring our Access Guides to as many disabled people as possible, together with carers and family members. While www.disabledgo.com has over 1.4 million users a year, we know that there are a potential 20 million people who could benefit from our information. We are passionate about reaching more of these people and making the experience of visiting www.disabledgo.com the best it can be. The appointment of Carrie – Ann is a crucial part in a wider plan to increase our social impact. We are really excited to have Carrie – Ann on board for the next stage in DisabledGo’s journey.’
Responding to her appointment Carrie – Ann said, ‘In recent years I’ve discovered a talent and passion for marketing. I’m so excited to have been given the opportunity to focus on this, in the industry that I truly love. I’m looking forward to learning and growing; working for an industry leader, within a dynamic team of dedicated colleagues.’
You can find out more about Carrie – Ann by visiting her blog – https://www.carrieannlightley.com
- MPs launch inquiry into care discrimination faced by LGBT service-users - 18/08/2018
- MPs win praise for online abuse proposals - 17/08/2018
- UN’s ‘human catastrophe’ rights expert to deliver high-profile UK lecture - 16/08/2018
- Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust’s Online Accessibility Checker is now live! - 15/08/2018
- Government promises £300 million for fully inclusive transport network - 15/08/2018
- Train company faces calls to rip up scooter policy after latest ‘shameful’ episode - 15/08/2018
- Public toilets mapped: Where have they all gone? - 15/08/2018
- Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust Accessibility Checker is now live! - 15/08/2018
- DWP refuses to pay £125 to discover number of disabled people in full-time jobs - 14/08/2018
- County council crisis sparks fears for service-users - 10/08/2018
Exciting times ahead for DisabledGo - 4 Jun 2018
Like us on Facebook