Want to Help Improve Quality of Life for People with a Physical Disability?
If you have an interest in the support and services for people with physical disabilities living in Central Bedfordshire, the council invite your participation in a group being set up to improve services for local people.
On 7th December 2017 from 12.00 till 14.00 at Flitwick Library,15 Coniston Rd, Flitwick, Bedford MK45 1QL.
If you would like to join, please contact the council to confirm your attendance
To improve the quality of life and promote independence by helping to develop and improve the support and services provided to meet the needs of people with physical disabilities.
Establish a group inclusive of people with lived experience and professionals to help shape development priorities
To understand the distribution of current services, gaps in provision and the potential for improvement
To ensure services are outcome focused and customer/ community focused
There are a range of ways you can get involved
- attend meetings,
- share feedback via email, telephone, face to face on a 1:1, skype or Face Time
- it may be you are already part of a network or group you would like us to attend
- you may already have a range of data which you have captured that you can share
- or you may have other ways you would like to share how you can support
Please let them know if there are any special arrangements that can be made to support you and ensure your voice is heard. This may include a central location, access to buildings, a loop system for people with a hearing difficulty etc.
Write to Partnership Team, Central Bedfordshire Council, Houghton Lodge, Houghton Close, Ampthill, Bedfordshire MK45 2TG
- Train companies could face court over inaccessible rail replacement buses - 22/09/2018
- Disability Labour set for fresh start after angry scenes at agm - 21/09/2018
- Autistic MP calls for change in equality laws to make parliament less hostile - 20/09/2018
- Hundreds of thousands more PIP claimants would challenge awards… if they could - 19/09/2018
- Government’s response to ‘human catastrophe’ UN report is ‘deeply unsatisfying’ - 18/09/2018
- Hope for major social security ‘brutality’ campaign after ‘breakthrough’ Labour meeting - 17/09/2018
- Exhibition of photographs aims to show ‘story arc of Deaf community’ - 16/09/2018
- Tributes to ‘generous-natured, passionate and courageous’ activist - 15/09/2018
- Bill on mental capacity and liberty deprivation ‘will take disability rights backwards’ - 14/09/2018
- Campaigners raise thousands in days for #TransportJustice legal fund - 14/09/2018
Want to Help Improve Quality of Life for People with a Physical Disability? - 11 Nov 2017
Like us on Facebook