Want to Help Improve Quality of Life for People with a Physical Disability?
If you have an interest in the support and services for people with physical disabilities living in Central Bedfordshire, the council invite your participation in a group being set up to improve services for local people.
On 7th December 2017 from 12.00 till 14.00 at Flitwick Library,15 Coniston Rd, Flitwick, Bedford MK45 1QL.
If you would like to join, please contact the council to confirm your attendance
To improve the quality of life and promote independence by helping to develop and improve the support and services provided to meet the needs of people with physical disabilities.
Establish a group inclusive of people with lived experience and professionals to help shape development priorities
To understand the distribution of current services, gaps in provision and the potential for improvement
To ensure services are outcome focused and customer/ community focused
There are a range of ways you can get involved
- attend meetings,
- share feedback via email, telephone, face to face on a 1:1, skype or Face Time
- it may be you are already part of a network or group you would like us to attend
- you may already have a range of data which you have captured that you can share
- or you may have other ways you would like to share how you can support
Please let them know if there are any special arrangements that can be made to support you and ensure your voice is heard. This may include a central location, access to buildings, a loop system for people with a hearing difficulty etc.
Write to Partnership Team, Central Bedfordshire Council, Houghton Lodge, Houghton Close, Ampthill, Bedfordshire MK45 2TG
- Disabled women celebrate vote centenary but warn of slow progress on rights - 18/02/2018
- Disabled people need ‘equal and fair’ hate crime laws, MPs are told - 17/02/2018
- Renovations to Houses of Parliament ‘must provide step change in access’ - 16/02/2018
- Disabled peer raises ‘deep concerns’ over impact of Brexit bill on rights - 16/02/2018
- Thefts of disabled blue badge parking permits quadruple in England - 16/02/2018
- Woman with Down’s Syndrome launches high-flying art career - 16/02/2018
- Cancer battle mum who had arm amputated to fight disease told she can’t have disability benefit - 16/02/2018
- ‘Muddle’ and ‘confusion’ over DWP’s 1.6 million PIP reviews - 15/02/2018
- Government’s suicide prevention boss refuses to call for action on ESA risk stats - 14/02/2018
- 9 shocking errors made in assessments for PIP and ESA by Capita, Atos and Maximus - 14/02/2018
Want to Help Improve Quality of Life for People with a Physical Disability? - 11 Nov 2017
Like us on Facebook