Healthwatch Lancashire launches Learning Disabilities and Autism project… and it wants YOUR views
A HEALTH watchdog has launched a project to hear the views of people who have learning disabilities and Autism.
An initial consultation has taken place by Healthwatch Lancashire with Learning Disability groups to identify what was important to them when accessing health or social care services.
It heard a range of experiences, with the most prominent being communication within hospital settings and the use of hospital passports.
This key theme has formed the basis of an extensive programme of public engagement and an online survey.
People who consider themselves to have a learning disability or autism, as well as carers, support workers and family members of those who have a learning disability or autism, can complete the following online survey: www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/LDaccesstohospital
The feedback received will be used to compile a report that will be shared with those who plan, run and regulate health and social care services.
Original article posted by the Lancashire Telegraph: http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/15448157.Healthwatch_Lancashire_launches_Learning_Disabilities_and_Autism_project____and_it_wants_YOUR_views/
- Theresa May admits UK mental health services are ‘patchy’ - 18/08/2017
- Calories in popular foods must be cut, say health officials - 18/08/2017
- Liz Sayce: ‘The UK thinks it is a leader in disability rights. But it has a long way to go’ - 17/08/2017
- NMC to announce radical overhaul of nursing education - 17/08/2017
- Wheelchair users forced to abandon UK summer holiday plans, says Muscular Dystrophy UK - 17/08/2017
- Anger and hatred can make us feel happy, says study - 16/08/2017
- Japanese fungus spreading in UK hospitals - 16/08/2017
- Time spent frail in old age ‘doubles’ - 16/08/2017
- Healthwatch Lancashire launches Learning Disabilities and Autism project… and it wants YOUR views - 06/08/2017
- Autism patients: GPs in England urged to keep register - 05/08/2017
Healthwatch Lancashire launches Learning Disabilities and Autism project… and it wants YOUR views - 6 Aug 2017
Like us on Facebook