Join our team: Call Handler
It’s an exciting time at DisabledGo, and due to our continued success we are looking for three call handlers to join our passionate and friendly team.
- Position: Call Handler
- Location: Unit 7, Arlington Court, Arlington Business Park, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG1 2FS
Please Note – There is no parking available at this location.
- Salary: £8.25 p/hr – Living Wage
- Working Hours: 8.30 – 16.30 (1/2 hour lunch unpaid)
- Contract: Permanent (6 month probation period)
This is a key and important role, with a chance to improve your skills, be part of a committed team and be given the responsibility to make a real impact.
It’s an opportunity to work for a company that makes a real difference to people’s lives alongside a committed, friendly and experienced team focused on success.
- Do you have background knowledge in Microsoft Excel?
- Have you previously worked with computers or on I.T software?
- Are you a confident communicator and enjoy speaking to people?
- Do you have previous experience of working on a phone?
- Are you passionate about delivering an exceptional service?
- Do you take pride in your work?
- Do you have strong written skills and great attention to detail?
- Are you someone who takes responsibility when things go wrong and learns from their mistakes?
- Are you the most organised person you know? Can you manage individual projects, deliver to deadlines and work efficiently?
- Do you want to work for an organisation focused on delivering a social mission, positively impacting on people’s lives?
If this appeals and it sounds like this is the role for you, you could be the next person to join our team.
As a Call Handler you will be responsible for phoning various venues previously visited by DisabledGo surveyors to ascertain whether changes have been made.
Not only will you be expected to call the venues, but also update any relevant changes on Excel spreadsheets and the company’s I.T software.
• Phoning various venues around the UK to establish what access changes have been made to DisabledGo’s online access guides.
• Update, maintain and manage Excel data sheets for set projects.
• Update information on DisabledGo’s bespoke computer software.
• Meet set targets and project deadlines.
• Reporting to the Call Team Leader on a daily/weekly basis.
• Working to meet DisabledGo’s customer service standards, remaining professional and polite at all times.
Education and Skills
- Excellent and polite telephone manner.
- Comfortable using a headset.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to absorb large amounts of information with a desire to learn and understand new things.
- Exceptional attention to detail to highlight any anomalies / duplicates.
- Exceptional organisational skills, time management and product management.
- Strong communications skills – telephone, email and face to face.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment.
- Confident with working on a computer.
- Ability to work under pressure and to set deadlines.
- Able to work independently but also part of a wider team.
- Well organised.
- Positive attitude.
- Knowledge of disability and equality.
- Experience of using I.T software.
- Call centre experience
- Concern over government’s four-year delay on PIP ‘safety’ - 18/11/2017
- ‘Years of council neglect’ have left campaigner’s home ‘too dangerous for firefighters’ - 17/11/2017
- Disabled families up to £5,500 a year worse off due to welfare changes – Equality and Human Rights Commission report - 17/11/2017
- Summit hears calls on direct action, assessment boycotts and hate crime - 16/11/2017
- Come along to DisabledGo’s Huntingdonshire Work Experience Day - 16/11/2017
- Come along to DisabledGo’s East Cambridgeshire & Fenlands Work Experience Day - 15/11/2017
- Come along to DisabledGo’s Cambridge and South Cambridgeshire Work Experience Day - 15/11/2017
- Disabled people ‘will go into government alongside Labour’, says McDonnel - 15/11/2017
- Google Maps does not provide a disabled route option and this man is taking drastic action - 15/11/2017
- Mind the Gap Academy Open Day: Wednesday 13 December, 6pm – 8pm - 15/11/2017
Join our team: Call Handler - 3 Nov 2016
Like us on Facebook