British Gymnastics: Meet the Disability Gymnastics Ambassadors
With the 2016 Paralympic Games underway and the eyes of the world focussed on the incredible achievements of Paralympic athletes across all sports British Gymnastics is proud to announce that they have enlisted four Disability Gymnastics Ambassadors to act as inspiring role models within Disability Gymnastics.
British Gymnastics is world renowned and recognised by the International Gymnastics Federation for our disability gymnastics programme that ensures gymnastics is adapted to suit the needs of each gymnast.
Since the launch of the I’M IN programme over three years ago, an increasing number of gymnastics clubs have committed to developing inclusive opportunities. Within our gymnastics community, we now have more than 200 clubs offering specific Disability Gymnastics sessions, with many more ensuring that their mainstream offer is inclusive and accessible for all.
To support this effort and to inspire more disabled people to get involved in the sport, British Gymnastics want to showcase the opportunities that exist for everyone in gymnastics, from recreational, grassroots gymnastics up to elite levels.
The Disability Gymnastics Ambassadors will enable us to do just that – they want to share their story within and encourage others to give it a try. The Ambassadors speak about their experience in gymnastics, what they have achieved and what they love about it. They tell other disabled people how inclusive they have found gymnastics to be, in clubs up and down the country.
The Ambassadors show that disability is not a barrier, and they act as inspiring role models within Disability Gymnastics.
Meet our Disability Gymnastics Ambassadors-
For more information, please visit https://www.british-gymnastics.org/news-and-events/news/latest-news/6696-introducing-our-disability-gymnastics-ambassadors-2
- Lib Dem conference: Universal credit migration is set for disaster, warns Lloyd - 26/09/2018
- Train companies could face court over inaccessible rail replacement buses - 22/09/2018
- Disability Labour set for fresh start after angry scenes at agm - 21/09/2018
- Autistic MP calls for change in equality laws to make parliament less hostile - 20/09/2018
- Hundreds of thousands more PIP claimants would challenge awards… if they could - 19/09/2018
- Government’s response to ‘human catastrophe’ UN report is ‘deeply unsatisfying’ - 18/09/2018
- Hope for major social security ‘brutality’ campaign after ‘breakthrough’ Labour meeting - 17/09/2018
- Exhibition of photographs aims to show ‘story arc of Deaf community’ - 16/09/2018
- Tributes to ‘generous-natured, passionate and courageous’ activist - 15/09/2018
- Bill on mental capacity and liberty deprivation ‘will take disability rights backwards’ - 14/09/2018
British Gymnastics: Meet the Disability Gymnastics Ambassadors - 13 Sep 2016
Like us on Facebook