Join our team: Surveyor
It’s an exciting time at DisabledGo, and due to our continued success we are looking for a surveyor to join our passionate and friendly team.
- Position: Surveyor
- Location: Based in Stevenage (with travel throughout UK)
- Salary: £21,000 (full time)
- Working Hours: £18,500 per annum (starting) or £84.06 per day (starting)
- Contract: Permanent or Day Rate
• Are you looking for an interesting, varied and challenging role with the opportunity to travel throughout the UK?
• Would you enjoy meeting the challenge of surveying public buildings and delivering world class access guides to users of the DisabledGo website?
• Do you have at least 5 A-C grade GCSE (or equivalent) including English Language and Maths?
• Do you have a proven record of providing excellent customer service?
• Do you have an eye for detail and love to get things right first time?
• Are you a confident individual who is a good communicator?
• Is working independently to multiple deadlines something you’re familiar with?
• Can you take photographs to a good standard using a camera or smart phone?
• Can you take accurate measurements?
• Do you have good IT skills and experience using a tablet computer and transferring photographs?
• Do you have a UK driving licence or an alternative arrangement to enable the applicant to travel by car (potentially via Access to Work)
• And finally, does an important, responsible, varied role with some UK travel appeal to you? Does a job where every day you have the opportunity to make a difference to the lives of thousands of people make you feel motivated?
If you answer YES to the above, then this could be your exciting next career opportunity working as a DisabledGo Surveyor…
The Surveyor positions key responsibility is to survey buildings of all sizes using a bespoke template to agreed deadlines and standards.
• Planning projects and daily/weekly work schedules using a bespoke project brief system
• Obtaining permission to move around venues from service providers (often doing so unaccompanied)
• Travelling between venues by public transport, car or foot
• Recording information on a tablet PC using a bespoke surveying user interface
• Working quickly and efficiently whilst ensuring that key areas relevant to the guide are identified and surveyed
• Editing and proof reading all work prior to it being submitted
• Reporting back on work to a line manager on a daily basis
For more information and to apply for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- New fund will empower disabled women as memorial to Firman and Partridge - 19/05/2018
- Boards of biggest companies should appoint ‘disability champions’, says new report - 18/05/2018
- Microsoft reveals completely redesigned new XBOX controller aimed at accessibility - 18/05/2018
- A year on from new taxi discrimination laws… and not a single prosecution - 17/05/2018
- Lonely Planet release first guide to Accessible Bristol - 17/05/2018
- Privacy Notice - 16/05/2018
- EHRC appoints eight disabled people to advisory committee - 16/05/2018
- Disability benefit assessors trouser £50 rewards for squeezing extra tests into their day - 16/05/2018
- Charity faces claims of ‘abusive’ behaviour over care home closure meeting - 15/05/2018
- DWP figures on ‘unacceptable’ WCA reports cast doubt on decisions made on tens of thousands of ESA claims - 14/05/2018
Join our team: Surveyor - 24 Jun 2016
Like us on Facebook