Join our team: Surveyor
It’s an exciting time at DisabledGo, and due to our continued success we are looking for a surveyor to join our passionate and friendly team.
- Position: Surveyor
- Location: Based in Stevenage (with travel throughout UK)
- Salary: £21,000 (full time)
- Working Hours: £18,500 per annum (starting) or £84.06 per day (starting)
- Contract: Permanent or Day Rate
• Are you looking for an interesting, varied and challenging role with the opportunity to travel throughout the UK?
• Would you enjoy meeting the challenge of surveying public buildings and delivering world class access guides to users of the DisabledGo website?
• Do you have at least 5 A-C grade GCSE (or equivalent) including English Language and Maths?
• Do you have a proven record of providing excellent customer service?
• Do you have an eye for detail and love to get things right first time?
• Are you a confident individual who is a good communicator?
• Is working independently to multiple deadlines something you’re familiar with?
• Can you take photographs to a good standard using a camera or smart phone?
• Can you take accurate measurements?
• Do you have good IT skills and experience using a tablet computer and transferring photographs?
• Do you have a UK driving licence or an alternative arrangement to enable the applicant to travel by car (potentially via Access to Work)
• And finally, does an important, responsible, varied role with some UK travel appeal to you? Does a job where every day you have the opportunity to make a difference to the lives of thousands of people make you feel motivated?
If you answer YES to the above, then this could be your exciting next career opportunity working as a DisabledGo Surveyor…
The Surveyor positions key responsibility is to survey buildings of all sizes using a bespoke template to agreed deadlines and standards.
• Planning projects and daily/weekly work schedules using a bespoke project brief system
• Obtaining permission to move around venues from service providers (often doing so unaccompanied)
• Travelling between venues by public transport, car or foot
• Recording information on a tablet PC using a bespoke surveying user interface
• Working quickly and efficiently whilst ensuring that key areas relevant to the guide are identified and surveyed
• Editing and proof reading all work prior to it being submitted
• Reporting back on work to a line manager on a daily basis
For more information and to apply for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- MPs launch inquiry into care discrimination faced by LGBT service-users - 18/08/2018
- MPs win praise for online abuse proposals - 17/08/2018
- UN’s ‘human catastrophe’ rights expert to deliver high-profile UK lecture - 16/08/2018
- Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust’s Online Accessibility Checker is now live! - 15/08/2018
- Government promises £300 million for fully inclusive transport network - 15/08/2018
- Train company faces calls to rip up scooter policy after latest ‘shameful’ episode - 15/08/2018
- Public toilets mapped: Where have they all gone? - 15/08/2018
- Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust Accessibility Checker is now live! - 15/08/2018
- DWP refuses to pay £125 to discover number of disabled people in full-time jobs - 14/08/2018
- County council crisis sparks fears for service-users - 10/08/2018
Join our team: Surveyor - 24 Jun 2016
Like us on Facebook