Join our team: Surveyor
It’s an exciting time at DisabledGo, and due to our continued success we are looking for a surveyor to join our passionate and friendly team.
- Position: Surveyor
- Location: Based in Stevenage (with travel throughout UK)
- Salary: £21,000 (full time)
- Working Hours: £18,500 per annum (starting) or £84.06 per day (starting)
- Contract: Permanent or Day Rate
• Are you looking for an interesting, varied and challenging role with the opportunity to travel throughout the UK?
• Would you enjoy meeting the challenge of surveying public buildings and delivering world class access guides to users of the DisabledGo website?
• Do you have at least 5 A-C grade GCSE (or equivalent) including English Language and Maths?
• Do you have a proven record of providing excellent customer service?
• Do you have an eye for detail and love to get things right first time?
• Are you a confident individual who is a good communicator?
• Is working independently to multiple deadlines something you’re familiar with?
• Can you take photographs to a good standard using a camera or smart phone?
• Can you take accurate measurements?
• Do you have good IT skills and experience using a tablet computer and transferring photographs?
• Do you have a UK driving licence or an alternative arrangement to enable the applicant to travel by car (potentially via Access to Work)
• And finally, does an important, responsible, varied role with some UK travel appeal to you? Does a job where every day you have the opportunity to make a difference to the lives of thousands of people make you feel motivated?
If you answer YES to the above, then this could be your exciting next career opportunity working as a DisabledGo Surveyor…
The Surveyor positions key responsibility is to survey buildings of all sizes using a bespoke template to agreed deadlines and standards.
• Planning projects and daily/weekly work schedules using a bespoke project brief system
• Obtaining permission to move around venues from service providers (often doing so unaccompanied)
• Travelling between venues by public transport, car or foot
• Recording information on a tablet PC using a bespoke surveying user interface
• Working quickly and efficiently whilst ensuring that key areas relevant to the guide are identified and surveyed
• Editing and proof reading all work prior to it being submitted
• Reporting back on work to a line manager on a daily basis
For more information and to apply for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- DisabledGo launch Swans Access Guide - 23/02/2018
- Watchdog begins probe into failure of regulators to punish lying PIP assessors - 23/02/2018
- Come along to celebrate the launch of Doncaster’s new Accessibility Checker! - 23/02/2018
- East Lothian shoolgirl’s award-winning sign on display at Fort Kinnaird - 23/02/2018
- The PIP Files: Senior MP to write to minister over ‘devastating’ revelations - 22/02/2018
- FaceTime chat ‘saves woman’s life’ - 22/02/2018
- Disabled People ‘Forced To Spend £570 Extra A Month’, Scope Research Shows - 21/02/2018
- River Island features disabled children in new campaign celebrating diversity - 21/02/2018
- DWP quietly dumps plan to trial softer sanctions regime - 21/02/2018
- ‘Threatening’ note left on disabled woman’s car over blue badge space - 21/02/2018
Join our team: Surveyor - 24 Jun 2016
Like us on Facebook