Join our team: Surveyor
It’s an exciting time at DisabledGo, and due to our continued success we are looking for a surveyor to join our passionate and friendly team.
- Position: Surveyor
- Location: Based in Stevenage (with travel throughout UK)
- Salary: £21,000 (full time)
- Working Hours: £18,500 per annum (starting) or £84.06 per day (starting)
- Contract: Permanent or Day Rate
• Are you looking for an interesting, varied and challenging role with the opportunity to travel throughout the UK?
• Would you enjoy meeting the challenge of surveying public buildings and delivering world class access guides to users of the DisabledGo website?
• Do you have at least 5 A-C grade GCSE (or equivalent) including English Language and Maths?
• Do you have a proven record of providing excellent customer service?
• Do you have an eye for detail and love to get things right first time?
• Are you a confident individual who is a good communicator?
• Is working independently to multiple deadlines something you’re familiar with?
• Can you take photographs to a good standard using a camera or smart phone?
• Can you take accurate measurements?
• Do you have good IT skills and experience using a tablet computer and transferring photographs?
• Do you have a UK driving licence or an alternative arrangement to enable the applicant to travel by car (potentially via Access to Work)
• And finally, does an important, responsible, varied role with some UK travel appeal to you? Does a job where every day you have the opportunity to make a difference to the lives of thousands of people make you feel motivated?
If you answer YES to the above, then this could be your exciting next career opportunity working as a DisabledGo Surveyor…
The Surveyor positions key responsibility is to survey buildings of all sizes using a bespoke template to agreed deadlines and standards.
• Planning projects and daily/weekly work schedules using a bespoke project brief system
• Obtaining permission to move around venues from service providers (often doing so unaccompanied)
• Travelling between venues by public transport, car or foot
• Recording information on a tablet PC using a bespoke surveying user interface
• Working quickly and efficiently whilst ensuring that key areas relevant to the guide are identified and surveyed
• Editing and proof reading all work prior to it being submitted
• Reporting back on work to a line manager on a daily basis
For more information and to apply for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disabled woman takes DWP minister to court over PIP mental health changes - 21/11/2017
- New minister for disabled people criticised by her local DPO over voting record - 21/11/2017
- Research linking care cuts to 120,000 deaths ‘is fresh evidence austerity kills’ - 20/11/2017
- Local people get involved in updating The Buckingham Accessibility Checker - 20/11/2017
- Up to 75,000 benefit claimants were underpaid for years - 20/11/2017
- PA employers will not be exempt from further HMRC action on minimum wage - 19/11/2017
- Concern over government’s four-year delay on PIP ‘safety’ - 18/11/2017
- ‘Years of council neglect’ have left campaigner’s home ‘too dangerous for firefighters’ - 17/11/2017
- Disabled families up to £5,500 a year worse off due to welfare changes – Equality and Human Rights Commission report - 17/11/2017
- Summit hears calls on direct action, assessment boycotts and hate crime - 16/11/2017
Join our team: Surveyor - 24 Jun 2016
Like us on Facebook