Local Employment in Isle of Man [Surveyor Updates]
Our Head of Surveying Rich has been in the Isle of Man this week to do some training with people from Crossroads Care. The team did a couple of hours of classroom training and then went down to the ferry terminal to survey some Key Access Reviews.
The DisabledGo Isle of Man project involves revisting a lot of the venues in the guide and also finding new venues to add to the guide.The crossroads team will be assisting us in redoing as many key access reviews as possible and will be sharing their local knowledge to let us know if any of the venues in the guides have closed down.
The surveyors were – Matthew, Rachel, Caley and Jack. Robert also attended the classroom training. Hannah and Kevin from Crossroads Care helped us with the surveying (and provided/drove the minibus!). Amy and Gemma from Crossroads Care also attended the training so we have 9 people who can now know how to survey Key Access Reviews in the Isle of Man.
Rich really enjoyed it and could not have been made to feel more welcome on his first trip to the island for 36 years! He hopes to be back soon possibly to do some more training and surveying with the Crossroads team.
You can view the guide online access guides for Isle of Man here: http://www.disabledgo.com/organisations/isle-of-man-government/main-2
- Concern over government’s four-year delay on PIP ‘safety’ - 18/11/2017
- ‘Years of council neglect’ have left campaigner’s home ‘too dangerous for firefighters’ - 17/11/2017
- Disabled families up to £5,500 a year worse off due to welfare changes – Equality and Human Rights Commission report - 17/11/2017
- Summit hears calls on direct action, assessment boycotts and hate crime - 16/11/2017
- Come along to DisabledGo’s Huntingdonshire Work Experience Day - 16/11/2017
- Come along to DisabledGo’s East Cambridgeshire & Fenlands Work Experience Day - 15/11/2017
- Come along to DisabledGo’s Cambridge and South Cambridgeshire Work Experience Day - 15/11/2017
- Disabled people ‘will go into government alongside Labour’, says McDonnel - 15/11/2017
- Google Maps does not provide a disabled route option and this man is taking drastic action - 15/11/2017
- Mind the Gap Academy Open Day: Wednesday 13 December, 6pm – 8pm - 15/11/2017
Local Employment in Isle of Man [Surveyor Updates] - 4 Mar 2016
Like us on Facebook