Local Employment in Isle of Man [Surveyor Updates]
Our Head of Surveying Rich has been in the Isle of Man this week to do some training with people from Crossroads Care. The team did a couple of hours of classroom training and then went down to the ferry terminal to survey some Key Access Reviews.
The DisabledGo Isle of Man project involves revisting a lot of the venues in the guide and also finding new venues to add to the guide.The crossroads team will be assisting us in redoing as many key access reviews as possible and will be sharing their local knowledge to let us know if any of the venues in the guides have closed down.
The surveyors were – Matthew, Rachel, Caley and Jack. Robert also attended the classroom training. Hannah and Kevin from Crossroads Care helped us with the surveying (and provided/drove the minibus!). Amy and Gemma from Crossroads Care also attended the training so we have 9 people who can now know how to survey Key Access Reviews in the Isle of Man.
Rich really enjoyed it and could not have been made to feel more welcome on his first trip to the island for 36 years! He hopes to be back soon possibly to do some more training and surveying with the Crossroads team.
You can view the guide online access guides for Isle of Man here: http://www.disabledgo.com/organisations/isle-of-man-government/main-2
- DPAC’s universal credit ‘crime scene’ protest is fresh call for action to disabled people - 24/04/2018
- Charities delivering DWP’s work programme ‘must promise not to attack McVey’ - 23/04/2018
- Government response to damning inquiry into disability benefit system ‘falls short’, say MPs - 23/04/2018
- Music fans face premium-rate phone charges to book access for live events - 22/04/2018
- Government takes small step over risk of NHS care home discrimination - 21/04/2018
- Redundancy threat hangs over Remploy workers as DWP funding ends - 20/04/2018
- Mum with rare illness accused of being drunk at daughter’s school - 20/04/2018
- Disability-led ensemble to play BBC Proms - 20/04/2018
- Government set to ignore key air travel discrimination concerns - 19/04/2018
- Come and join us at Naidex! - 18/04/2018
Local Employment in Isle of Man [Surveyor Updates] - 4 Mar 2016
Like us on Facebook