Local employment in Perth & Kinross [Surveyor Updates]
Our Head of Surveying Rich has been at the Centre for Inclusive Living Perth and Kinross (CILPK) to do some refresher surveying training, so that members of the group can assist with the yearly review of the current access guides.
The group have been a fantastic help with identifying lots of new venues that we can add as detailed accessibility guides this year. They are also helping us identify venues which have closed down which is a constant challenge because we can’t always identify that by making a phone call. This is a good example of where local knowledge is invaluable.
In addition to this they will be surveying a lot of the new shops in the area which have opened in the last year as Key Access Reviews.
The group are very passionate about improving access in the area and have many great initiatives including the ‘Safe Place’ scheme. Through ‘Safe Place’, visitors to the City Centre who have a disability would be able to go into local shops/businesses who are members of the scheme if they are feeling worried or concerned and staff within these shops will be able to assist them. We hope to add a classification and logo for the Safe Place venues very shortly so they can be easily identified on the DisabledGo website.
The group were very hospitable and Rich enjoyed meeting everyone.
You can view the online access guides for Perth and Kinross here: http://www.disabledgo.com/organisations/perth-kinross-council/main-2
- Ministers finally publish bus wheelchair space report… then announce more talks - 23/03/2018
- Plastic straw ban disadvantages disabled people, says Paralympian - 23/03/2018
- DWP ‘hides impact of changes to ESA guidance that risked lives of thousands’ - 23/03/2018
- Come along to celebrate the launch of Ipswich Hospital’s new Accessibility Checker! - 23/03/2018
- Stem cell transplant ‘game changer’ for MS patients - 22/03/2018
- Sharp rise in disability poverty in Wales is ‘very concerning’ - 22/03/2018
- Scientists create robotic arm which translates words into sign language to help deaf people communicate - 22/03/2018
- Who needs Changing Places? - 21/03/2018
- Spring statement ‘shows disabled people will continue to bear brunt of austerity’ - 21/03/2018
- Come along to find out more about Barts Health NHS Trust’s online Accessibility Checker! - 21/03/2018
Local employment in Perth & Kinross [Surveyor Updates] - 11 Feb 2016
Like us on Facebook