Local employment in Perth & Kinross [Surveyor Updates]
Our Head of Surveying Rich has been at the Centre for Inclusive Living Perth and Kinross (CILPK) to do some refresher surveying training, so that members of the group can assist with the yearly review of the current access guides.
The group have been a fantastic help with identifying lots of new venues that we can add as detailed accessibility guides this year. They are also helping us identify venues which have closed down which is a constant challenge because we can’t always identify that by making a phone call. This is a good example of where local knowledge is invaluable.
In addition to this they will be surveying a lot of the new shops in the area which have opened in the last year as Key Access Reviews.
The group are very passionate about improving access in the area and have many great initiatives including the ‘Safe Place’ scheme. Through ‘Safe Place’, visitors to the City Centre who have a disability would be able to go into local shops/businesses who are members of the scheme if they are feeling worried or concerned and staff within these shops will be able to assist them. We hope to add a classification and logo for the Safe Place venues very shortly so they can be easily identified on the DisabledGo website.
The group were very hospitable and Rich enjoyed meeting everyone.
You can view the online access guides for Perth and Kinross here: http://www.disabledgo.com/organisations/perth-kinross-council/main-2
- PA employers will not be exempt from further HMRC action on minimum wage - 19/11/2017
- Concern over government’s four-year delay on PIP ‘safety’ - 18/11/2017
- ‘Years of council neglect’ have left campaigner’s home ‘too dangerous for firefighters’ - 17/11/2017
- Disabled families up to £5,500 a year worse off due to welfare changes – Equality and Human Rights Commission report - 17/11/2017
- Summit hears calls on direct action, assessment boycotts and hate crime - 16/11/2017
- Come along to DisabledGo’s Huntingdonshire Work Experience Day - 16/11/2017
- Come along to DisabledGo’s East Cambridgeshire & Fenlands Work Experience Day - 15/11/2017
- Come along to DisabledGo’s Cambridge and South Cambridgeshire Work Experience Day - 15/11/2017
- Disabled people ‘will go into government alongside Labour’, says McDonnel - 15/11/2017
- Google Maps does not provide a disabled route option and this man is taking drastic action - 15/11/2017
Local employment in Perth & Kinross [Surveyor Updates] - 11 Feb 2016
Like us on Facebook