Within these walls …[Karen’s Blog]
I wonder what everyone else does with their time? I write this blog via my I Pad Memo; or should I say, talk this blog – and my daughter mainly writes it down.
I don’t write long blogs because my memory is shot. My concentration is flaky to say the least, but thank goodness for my little talk into I Pad. I can collect thoughts and ideas every day … Even if it is to remind me to bring toilet paper home.
I’m very lucky to have such support, and I do wonder how people, living on their own manage? Is this you? Do you live on your own?
Do you have a carer who isn’t family come in to see you?
Do you have friends who will just come in and chat to keep you company? What hobbies do you have?
I’ve been giggling to myself as I badly sprained my ankle at the weekend and ended up in a boot that, because I am 5 foot tall, could just pass as a pirate boot.
I’ve been bored silly so I downloaded a few new apps for my I Pad, SMULE being one of them.
This is a sort of Karaoke app and you can duet with people – you can do this seriously, or you can put on a stupid voice and act it out.
Whatever … It’s given me the most fun I’ve had in ages
So, if you have a pic or I Pad/Tablet near you, get downloading – you will never be bored.
- New campaign to fight barriers to elected office is tribute to Lorraine Gradwell - 18/03/2018
- Coach company’s wheelchair policy puts drivers at risk of criminal record - 17/03/2018
- DWP ignores freedom of information laws in bid to hide universal credit impact - 16/03/2018
- ‘Extraordinary’ government response to question over social care progress - 15/03/2018
- Motability ‘tit for tat’ row intensifies as bosses and minister give evidence - 15/03/2018
- Toy store The Entertainer rolls out nationwide Quiet Hour for autistic children - 15/03/2018
- ‘Huge danger’ of UK austerity policies damaging rights, says UN expert - 14/03/2018
- Stephen Hawking: Visionary physicist dies aged 76 - 14/03/2018
- Come along to celebrate the launch of The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust’s new Accessibility Checker! - 14/03/2018
- Minister suggests ‘realities of the world’ mean government will not halt attack on rights - 13/03/2018
Within these walls …[Karen’s Blog] - 19 Jan 2016
Like us on Facebook