Within these walls …[Karen’s Blog]
I wonder what everyone else does with their time? I write this blog via my I Pad Memo; or should I say, talk this blog – and my daughter mainly writes it down.
I don’t write long blogs because my memory is shot. My concentration is flaky to say the least, but thank goodness for my little talk into I Pad. I can collect thoughts and ideas every day … Even if it is to remind me to bring toilet paper home.
I’m very lucky to have such support, and I do wonder how people, living on their own manage? Is this you? Do you live on your own?
Do you have a carer who isn’t family come in to see you?
Do you have friends who will just come in and chat to keep you company? What hobbies do you have?
I’ve been giggling to myself as I badly sprained my ankle at the weekend and ended up in a boot that, because I am 5 foot tall, could just pass as a pirate boot.
I’ve been bored silly so I downloaded a few new apps for my I Pad, SMULE being one of them.
This is a sort of Karaoke app and you can duet with people – you can do this seriously, or you can put on a stupid voice and act it out.
Whatever … It’s given me the most fun I’ve had in ages
So, if you have a pic or I Pad/Tablet near you, get downloading – you will never be bored.
- Train companies could face court over inaccessible rail replacement buses - 22/09/2018
- Disability Labour set for fresh start after angry scenes at agm - 21/09/2018
- Autistic MP calls for change in equality laws to make parliament less hostile - 20/09/2018
- Hundreds of thousands more PIP claimants would challenge awards… if they could - 19/09/2018
- Government’s response to ‘human catastrophe’ UN report is ‘deeply unsatisfying’ - 18/09/2018
- Hope for major social security ‘brutality’ campaign after ‘breakthrough’ Labour meeting - 17/09/2018
- Exhibition of photographs aims to show ‘story arc of Deaf community’ - 16/09/2018
- Tributes to ‘generous-natured, passionate and courageous’ activist - 15/09/2018
- Bill on mental capacity and liberty deprivation ‘will take disability rights backwards’ - 14/09/2018
- Campaigners raise thousands in days for #TransportJustice legal fund - 14/09/2018
Within these walls …[Karen’s Blog] - 19 Jan 2016
Like us on Facebook