John surveys the University of Kent [Surveyor Updates]
Last week our surveyor John was at the University of Kent, where he was carrying out the annual review of its facilities.
We returned to the University to update the information in the online access guides for the Medway and Canterbury campuses.
One of the buildings John visited was the Templeman Library on the Canterbury Campus, which has had a new extension build and is now open.
The rest of the library is still undergoing refurbishment work, so we’ll be back to update the guide once it’s complete.
The DisabledGo access guide includes all the accessibility information a disabled person would need to know before they arrive at the campus and will continue to make the University more accessible for students and staff with disabilities.
Whilst he was surveying, he took some photo’s to share with us on the blog.
You can see the access guide online at: http://www.disabledgo.com/organisations/university-of-kent/main-2
- Disability Confident employers promise less than one job each on average - 19/07/2018
- Changing Places Awareness Day: Less than 0.5% of UK railway stations have a Changing Places toilet - 19/07/2018
- Thousands of disabled people failed by government’s ‘culture of indifference’, report finds - 18/07/2018
- Trio of coach companies agree wheelchair rule changes after legal warnings - 18/07/2018
- Comedian ‘humiliated’ for using disabled space on train - 18/07/2018
- ‘Scandal’ of new rail station set to be built without step-free access to trains - 17/07/2018
- Disability sport: ‘Lack of basics’ stops people taking part - 17/07/2018
- Minister denies lying to MPs over Disability Confident history - 16/07/2018
- Autistic teen’s legal fight over ‘physical abuse’ school exclusion - 14/07/2018
- Call for media action after news agency’s shorthand ‘discrimination’ - 13/07/2018
John surveys the University of Kent [Surveyor Updates] - 19 Jan 2016
Like us on Facebook