Engagement event for disabled people, parents of disabled children, older people and carers
London Borough of Lambeth and DisabledGo invites you to an engagement event to seek your views on a new access project for Lambeth.
The DisabledGo project will provide in-depth access information for 294 venues across Lambeth including leisure centres, parks, libraries and more.
An access guide helps increase independence and choice for disabled people. By providing detailed information on the access features of venues and public spaces Disabled people can make an informed judgment about the suitability of access.
We are holding an engagement event for disabled people, parents of disabled children, older people and carers giving them a perfect opportunity to contribute to the project.
This year we are offering the opportunity for disabled people to come and work with DisabledGo, shadowing one of our surveyors and helping to collect the access information included in an assessment. Any one who is interested in work experience please can you stay behind to speak with Hannah Salem.
When and where?
Wednesday 11th November 2015, 10:00 – 12:30
336 Brixton Road
We look forward to meeting you and hearing your views on which venues and open spaces should be included in the access guide. If you would like to attend please contact Hannah Salem.
T: 01438 842 710
F: 01438 842 717
Please note that refreshments will be served at the meeting but that lunch is not provided.
- PA employers will not be exempt from further HMRC action on minimum wage - 19/11/2017
- Concern over government’s four-year delay on PIP ‘safety’ - 18/11/2017
- ‘Years of council neglect’ have left campaigner’s home ‘too dangerous for firefighters’ - 17/11/2017
- Disabled families up to £5,500 a year worse off due to welfare changes – Equality and Human Rights Commission report - 17/11/2017
- Summit hears calls on direct action, assessment boycotts and hate crime - 16/11/2017
- Come along to DisabledGo’s Huntingdonshire Work Experience Day - 16/11/2017
- Come along to DisabledGo’s East Cambridgeshire & Fenlands Work Experience Day - 15/11/2017
- Come along to DisabledGo’s Cambridge and South Cambridgeshire Work Experience Day - 15/11/2017
- Disabled people ‘will go into government alongside Labour’, says McDonnel - 15/11/2017
- Google Maps does not provide a disabled route option and this man is taking drastic action - 15/11/2017
Engagement event for disabled people, parents of disabled children, older people and carers - 13 Oct 2015
Like us on Facebook