Engagement event for disabled people, parents of disabled children, older people and carers
London Borough of Lambeth and DisabledGo invites you to an engagement event to seek your views on a new access project for Lambeth.
The DisabledGo project will provide in-depth access information for 294 venues across Lambeth including leisure centres, parks, libraries and more.
An access guide helps increase independence and choice for disabled people. By providing detailed information on the access features of venues and public spaces Disabled people can make an informed judgment about the suitability of access.
We are holding an engagement event for disabled people, parents of disabled children, older people and carers giving them a perfect opportunity to contribute to the project.
This year we are offering the opportunity for disabled people to come and work with DisabledGo, shadowing one of our surveyors and helping to collect the access information included in an assessment. Any one who is interested in work experience please can you stay behind to speak with Hannah Salem.
When and where?
Wednesday 11th November 2015, 10:00 – 12:30
336 Brixton Road
We look forward to meeting you and hearing your views on which venues and open spaces should be included in the access guide. If you would like to attend please contact Hannah Salem.
T: 01438 842 710
F: 01438 842 717
Please note that refreshments will be served at the meeting but that lunch is not provided.
- Disabled People ‘Forced To Spend £570 Extra A Month’, Scope Research Shows - 21/02/2018
- River Island features disabled children in new campaign celebrating diversity - 21/02/2018
- DWP quietly dumps plan to trial softer sanctions regime - 21/02/2018
- ‘Threatening’ note left on disabled woman’s car over blue badge space - 21/02/2018
- Anger over Royal Society’s ‘love fest for euthanasia’ conference - 20/02/2018
- Benefit assessment report welcomed, but concern over ‘preventable harm’ failings - 20/02/2018
- Benefit assessment system undermined by culture of mistrust, say MPs - 19/02/2018
- Autism: Scientists take ‘first steps’ towards biological test - 19/02/2018
- More than a million benefits sanctions imposed on disabled people since 2010 - 19/02/2018
- Disabled women celebrate vote centenary but warn of slow progress on rights - 18/02/2018
Engagement event for disabled people, parents of disabled children, older people and carers - 13 Oct 2015
Like us on Facebook