Engagement event for disabled people, parents of disabled children, older people and carers
London Borough of Lambeth and DisabledGo invites you to an engagement event to seek your views on a new access project for Lambeth.
The DisabledGo project will provide in-depth access information for 294 venues across Lambeth including leisure centres, parks, libraries and more.
An access guide helps increase independence and choice for disabled people. By providing detailed information on the access features of venues and public spaces Disabled people can make an informed judgment about the suitability of access.
We are holding an engagement event for disabled people, parents of disabled children, older people and carers giving them a perfect opportunity to contribute to the project.
This year we are offering the opportunity for disabled people to come and work with DisabledGo, shadowing one of our surveyors and helping to collect the access information included in an assessment. Any one who is interested in work experience please can you stay behind to speak with Hannah Salem.
When and where?
Wednesday 11th November 2015, 10:00 – 12:30
336 Brixton Road
We look forward to meeting you and hearing your views on which venues and open spaces should be included in the access guide. If you would like to attend please contact Hannah Salem.
T: 01438 842 710
F: 01438 842 717
Please note that refreshments will be served at the meeting but that lunch is not provided.
- Universal credit leaves claimants with mental health problems ‘tangled in bureaucracy’ - 21/07/2018
- Wheelchair users call for urgent innovation to increase economic productivity in UK - 21/07/2018
- Morrisons launches ‘Quieter Hour’ for autistic customers across all stores - 20/07/2018
- Come along to DisabledGo’s Basingstoke Work Experience Day - 20/07/2018
- MPs raise concerns with McVey over ‘stress and poverty’ caused by WRAG cuts - 20/07/2018
- Disability Confident employers promise less than one job each on average - 19/07/2018
- Changing Places Awareness Day: Less than 0.5% of UK railway stations have a Changing Places toilet - 19/07/2018
- Thousands of disabled people failed by government’s ‘culture of indifference’, report finds - 18/07/2018
- Trio of coach companies agree wheelchair rule changes after legal warnings - 18/07/2018
- Comedian ‘humiliated’ for using disabled space on train - 18/07/2018
Engagement event for disabled people, parents of disabled children, older people and carers - 13 Oct 2015
Like us on Facebook