Furious note left on a car that had been parked in a disabled bay without a blue badge
It’s a parking habit that can drive even the most patient of motorists around the bend.
So when one driver saw a car wrongly parked in a disabled bay, it’s perhaps no surprise that they took matters in their own hands.
The anonymous motorist decided to pen an angry note to the driver, before sticking it to the car’s windscreen while it was parked at the Trafford Centre in Manchester.
The furious letter read: ‘Your disability must be mental. I have keyed your car. Idiot!’
The red VW Beetle, which did not have a visible blue badge on the dashboard, had been parked in one of the disabled bays on Saturday afternoon.
But it appears the motorist decided not to go through with the threat and opted to leave the paintwork in tact.
Dan Mackenzie, who spotted the note, said: ‘They must have really annoyed someone.
‘I didn’t look to see if it actually had been keyed or not, there was another person looking at the note and saying they couldn’t see a scratch on the car anywhere though.’
The Trafford Centre has previously promised to ban shoppers who repeatedly flout parking rules by parking in disabled bays without permits.
A spokesman said ‘hundreds’ of tickets had been issued since the start of this year which had reduced the number of parking offences.
Richard Paxton, general manager, said: ‘Over the last six months we have ramped-up the patrols and management of our free car parks which has significantly improved parking at the centre.
‘Unfortunately, despite these concerted efforts, a small number of people are still parking in an inappropriate manner.
‘These people are issued with notices asking them to refrain from parking in this way again and this has resulted in a significant reduction in offences and repeat infractions.’
- UN’s ‘human catastrophe’ rights expert to deliver high-profile UK lecture - 16/08/2018
- Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust’s Online Accessibility Checker is now live! - 15/08/2018
- Government promises £300 million for fully inclusive transport network - 15/08/2018
- Train company faces calls to rip up scooter policy after latest ‘shameful’ episode - 15/08/2018
- Public toilets mapped: Where have they all gone? - 15/08/2018
- Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust Accessibility Checker is now live! - 15/08/2018
- DWP refuses to pay £125 to discover number of disabled people in full-time jobs - 14/08/2018
- County council crisis sparks fears for service-users - 10/08/2018
- DWP agrees to pay thousands to disabled duo in universal credit court case - 09/08/2018
- Work Experience with DisabledGo - 08/08/2018
Furious note left on a car that had been parked in a disabled bay without a blue badge - 5 Aug 2015
Like us on Facebook