Easyjet to fit planes with wheelchair accessible toilet
It’s good to see that Easyjet are improving the accessibility of it’s aircraft’s by introducing wheelchair accessible toilets.
All new Airbus A320 delivered after May 2016 will be featuring the wheelchair accessible lavatory. Airbus is the only aircraft manufacturer in the world to offer this inclusive option on single aisle planes.
The airline also announced plans to retrofit its existing 76 A320s with the Space-Flex 2 lavatory. The airline said the process should be completed by 2018.
The Space-Flex 2 lavatory allows two toilets, each of a size comparable with those existing in the A320 airplane, merge into one through a simple process of conversion.
Reallocating the two rear toilets at the back of the plane has more than one benefit. The redesigned cabin interior allows for six extra seats without compromising in space. It also allows for an enlarged galley area accommodating up to eight half-size trolleys.
The easyjet special assistance advisory group first discussed the Space-Flex option in the summer of 2013. “We were the ones to bring the then new concept to the attention of the group,” Reduced Mobility Rights director Roberto Castiglioni said. “By fitting fully accessible lavatories easyjet set a higher standard in access to air travel for all.”
- New fund will empower disabled women as memorial to Firman and Partridge - 19/05/2018
- Boards of biggest companies should appoint ‘disability champions’, says new report - 18/05/2018
- Microsoft reveals completely redesigned new XBOX controller aimed at accessibility - 18/05/2018
- A year on from new taxi discrimination laws… and not a single prosecution - 17/05/2018
- Lonely Planet release first guide to Accessible Bristol - 17/05/2018
- Privacy Notice - 16/05/2018
- EHRC appoints eight disabled people to advisory committee - 16/05/2018
- Disability benefit assessors trouser £50 rewards for squeezing extra tests into their day - 16/05/2018
- Charity faces claims of ‘abusive’ behaviour over care home closure meeting - 15/05/2018
- DWP figures on ‘unacceptable’ WCA reports cast doubt on decisions made on tens of thousands of ESA claims - 14/05/2018
Easyjet to fit planes with wheelchair accessible toilet - 14 May 2015
Like us on Facebook