Engagement event for disabled people, parents of disabled children, older people and carers
London Borough of Lambeth and DisabledGo invites you to an engagement event to seek your views on a new access project for Lambeth.
The DisabledGo project will provide in-depth access information for 294 venues across Lambeth including leisure centres, parks, libraries and more.
An access guide helps increase independence and choice for disabled people. By providing detailed information on the access features of venues and public spaces Disabled people can make an informed judgment about the suitability of access.
We are holding an engagement event for disabled people, parents of disabled children, older people and carers giving them a perfect opportunity to contribute to the project.
This year we are offering the opportunity for disabled people to come and work with DisabledGo, shadowing one of our surveyors and helping to collect the access information included in an assessment. Any one who is interested in work experience please can you stay behind to speak with Hannah Salem.
When and where?
Wednesday 11th November 2015, 10:00 – 12:30
336 Brixton Road
We look forward to meeting you and hearing your views on which venues and open spaces should be included in the access guide. If you would like to attend please contact Hannah Salem.
T: 01438 842 710
F: 01438 842 717
Please note that refreshments will be served at the meeting but that lunch is not provided.
- Summit meeting will aim to bring movement together on independent living - 19/09/2017
- Welfare reform ‘will see £50 a week more cuts to 900,000 disabled people’ - 19/09/2017
- Asda launches game to make it easier for children with autism to help out with the shopping - 18/09/2017
- Come along to celebrate the launch of East Lancashire Hospitals new Accessibility Checker! - 18/09/2017
- Come along to find out more about West Suffolk Hospital’s Accessibility Checker! - 18/09/2017
- Portraying disabled people as ‘parasites’ could lead to ‘violence and killings’, says UN chair - 18/09/2017
- Almost 80% of people on disability benefits ‘have seen health worsen since introduction of Tories’ new system’ - 18/09/2017
- UK faces UN examination: Equality and rights bodies attack government failings - 02/09/2017
- UK faces UN examination: Government cuts caused ‘human catastrophe’ - 02/09/2017
- Activists plan day-long musical tribute to ‘radical and brilliant’ Robert Dellar - 01/09/2017
Engagement event for disabled people, parents of disabled children, older people and carers - 13 Oct 2015
Like us on Facebook